Uniroyal RainSport 3 225/40 R18 92Y XL Normal Tyre
For the newly developed tread of the Uniroyal RainSport 3, the designers have made use of the properties of shark-skin and changed the arrangement of the grooves. Above all, this has improved water dispersal around the tyre footprint to ensure even more safety in terms of aquaplaning.
The surface structure of shark-skin has been built into the grooves of the tyre, in order to reduce flow resistance when dispersing excess water.
To provide a greater number of gripping edges and improve adhesion in the wet, the moisture sipes have been arranged across the tread profile. In addition, the tread pattern is asymmetric but nevertheless retains the benefits of a directional tread pattern.
Since a rain tyre also has to function on a dry road, stiff sipe blocks on the tyre shoulder, which are flexible in the circumferential direction, provide a high degree of adhesion on dry surfaces and at high speeds.
In summary, the Uniroyal RainSport 3 has the following advantages:
- high protection from aquaplaning
- precise handling on wet and dry road surfaces
- reduced braking distances in wet and dry conditions
- even wear
- comfortable drive, even at high speeds
- RainSport 3 – The ultra high performance summer tyre for fast, sporty cars, including high performance vehicles, SUVs, and small cars. Tyre size: 225/40 R 18
- Featuring the innovative Shark Skin technology this tyre provides with maximum aquaplaning safety – Wet grip performance: A
- The Uniroyal RainSport 3 is a specialist in the wet and impresses with best aquaplaning performance
- The rain tyre with the best wet grip performance.
- The tyres are delivered without rims