Michelin Pilot Sport 3 255/35 ZR18 94Y EL Normal Tyre
With the Michelin Pilot Sport 3, the French tyre manufacturer is continuing its successful Pilot Sport tyre series, with its hallmark of balanced road behaviour even at high speeds, regardless of whether the tyre is on dry or wet roads.
This is a result of, among other things, the tread design of the tyre model. Thanks to its Anti-Surf-System, water penetrating the tyre is quickly and reliably drained away, which reduces the ever-present risk of aquaplaning. In addition, the Pilot Sport 3 sports the Green X label, a marking created by Michelin to denote environmentally-friendly vehicles. The Michelin Pilot Sport 3 considerably reduces fuel consumption thanks to its innovative rubber compound.
The Michelin Pilot Sport 3’s impressive features include:
- Improved handling
- Short braking distances on wet roads
- High level of protection against aquaplaning
- Pleasantly comfortable driving
- Long lifetime
In a comparison test run by TÜV Süd Automotive in 2009, the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 stood out for its better handling and shorter braking distances: the Pilot Sport 3 came to a standstill about three metres before its competitors.
Michelin promotes the summer tyre by pointing out its long lifetime, which the tyre has demonstrated by collecting 18 wins across several 24-hour races.
- MICHELIN Pilot Sport 3 – Summer Tyre
- Fuel Efficiency: E / Wet Grip: A / Noise (dB): 71
- Better roadholding in bends and three metres shorter braking distance on wet roads
- More driving pleasure: very precise steering acclaimed by car manufacturers
- Energy efficiency combined with remarkable tyre mileage, resulting from experience gained from 15 consecutive Le Mans 24 Hour victories